APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
The application process is a two-step procedure:
Firstly, applicants must create a provisional online profile using our online form. You will be asked to upload:
- Your biographical and professional practice details
- At least six JPG images of work to populate your online profile
Once this information has been received, you will be requested to submit physical examples of work for consideration by our expert panel at one of our quarterly vetting meetings which are vetted by a panel of advisers appointed by The Goldsmiths’ Company.
You will need to submit by post, courier or hand:
2 – 3 physical examples of your work (A price guide for each piece should also be included.) The address for physical work is: The Editor, The Goldsmiths' Directory, Goldsmiths Hall, Foster Lane, London, EC2V 6BN (Telephone: 0207 606 7010)
Applications (comprising both Step One and Step Two) will be vetted by a panel of advisers appointed by The Goldsmiths’ Company.
Eligibility to apply is determined as follows:
- Applicants must be of British nationality or foreign nationals who are resident and working in the United Kingdom. Students with work permits will not be eligible for consideration.
- Workshops, as well as individual designers and craftsmen, are eligible.
- The website is specifically designed to promote work in precious metals. Accordingly, all work featured in the website must be in hallmarked precious metals. Exceptions may be made for: Mokume gane and art medals, although at least 50% of art medals illustrated by a particular designer should be in precious metals.
- All work must be made and hallmarked in the United Kingdom.
The panel will base its decision on the following criteria:
- Work should be of merchandisable quality and should be demonstrably of a high standard of craftsmanship.
- Designs should show flair, imagination, innovation, and a style unique to the maker.
- Articles should also clearly demonstrate added value in terms of the design element.
- The provisional profile created online must be of sufficient quality.
Applicants are contacted as soon as the vetting panel has made its decision. The panel’s decision is final.
If your application is accepted, the annual fee for being represented in the directory is £70 +VAT.
Meetings take place four times a year, in January, April, July and October. Please contact the editor for more details about the next Application Meeting. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email the Editor at: Katie.Holyoak@thegoldsmiths.co.uk